Like most women, our makeup bags often contain the next big thing that all the big brands bring out. The new ‘must have’ mascara that magically makes your lashes looks ten times thicker and longer. The new ‘must have’ foundation that gives you plump, dewy, flawless skin. But more often than not, we use them once and they are to be forever forgotten. Here I have compiled a basic list of makeup bag must haves to give anyone a good start with their makeup bag.
- Foundation – so many people always get this wrong. Irish girls especially love the full coverage look and more often than not they wear the wrong shade and have that awful makeup line that sits just at the neck! Always always test your foundation before buying (on the jaw line). Stop by the counter and get them to use it on your face and get a sample to try with yourself at home.
- Concealer – everyone needs a little to hide dark circles or blemishes and to brighten up the undereye area. ( always use a light hand when applying)
- Blusher – this always brightens up the face and gives a healthy glow.
- Mascara –. I am certainly not one to spend a fortune on expensive brand mascaras as I believe it is all in the brush. Maybelline and Rimmel all the way!
- Eyeliner be it liquid or pencil. Anyone knows me knows that I since I can remember how to put on makeup I live for liquid liner. Day or night – applied correctly this can give an elegant classic take to any makeup look!
- Highlighter – A slightly shimmery cream highlighter has many uses – from lifting your brows to slimming your nose to sculpting your cheeks. Choose a soft nude, peach, or pink for the most versatility.
- Lipstick – A shade of nude and a shade of pink. Perfect for day and night looks
- Lip-gloss – Clear and a shade of red
- A variety shade of eye shadows ideally in a palette. The perfect choice would be Urban Decay Naked or Naked2.
- Translucent loose powder and Bronzer
- Without a doubt, a good decent set of brushes. Good brushes make all the difference in how your makeup turns out.
I hope our blog Makeup must haves by Dawn of glamour by Dawn has helped 🙂